Kilgore is a friendly small town that has many characteristics of a larger community. A high-tech industrial base, outstanding public school system and community college, a renovated downtown, extraordinary cultural events and progressive-minded leadership makes Kilgore a unique small city with a big attitude.
If you are moving to the area or need to find out more information regarding selling, buying or renting a home, please utilize the Chamber’s business directory.
*Companies listed in the directory are Chamber member investor firms.
Real Estate Facts & Figures
- Total population: 14,948 (Urban population: 10,732 (all inside urban clusters), Rural population: 438 (all nonfarm))
- Houses: 5,777 (4,978 occupied: 3,168 owner occupied, 1,806 renter occupied)
- % of renters here: 36%
- State: 39%
- Housing density: 375 houses/condos per square mile
- Median price asked for vacant for-sale houses and condos in 2016: $3,334,083
- Median contract rent in 2016: $374 (lower quartile is $278, upper quartile is $458)
- Median rent asked for vacant for-rent units in 2016: $358
- Median gross rent in Kilgore, TX in 2016: $462
- Housing units in Kilgore with a mortgage: 1,757 (18 second mortgage, 20 home equity loan, 0 both second mortgage and home equity loan)
- Houses without a mortgage: 1,411
- Median household income for houses/condos with a mortgage: $71,787
- Median household income for apartments without a mortgage: $41,762
- Median monthly housing costs: $790