*** For the time being, all we ask is that people follow #’s 4-5. We are in uncharted territory with the COVID-19 Pandemic and want our members to use this group however it is most needed. *** Together, we will get through this.
The Kilgore Area Chamber of Commerce has created a private members-only Facebook Group so local businesses and organizations can interact with each other during this difficult time. Our intention is to keep this group going after this time of uncertainty to add value to your membership.
Here are the rules we created in order to make this a space of value for every involved. Please read them carefully, because if you break any of them, you will be removed.
1. No Self-Promotion: Do not post any type of self-promotion unless it is regarding a special for Members Only and is regarding the Member Business. What’s considered self-promotion?
- Selling anything from a non-member
- Promoting an event, seminar, survey, etc. from a non-member
- Posting links to your website or social media pages
- Sharing affiliate links
- Posting your own personal content in the group
- Posting free content or offers
- Creating extremely long posts that require community members to scroll and scroll (and scroll)
2. #Ask #Give #Praise #Jobs: The only way to post inside this group is to keep your posts within the following categories: Ask, Give, Praise. Please remember to tell group members what business or organization you are representing.
- #Ask: Ask any questions that you have about places to eat, marketing, etc.
- #Give: Share any tips, resources, and sources of inspiration that have helped you along the way. (This does not include links to your free offers.)
- #Praise: Anything you are celebrating, or a fellow member you want the community to give a virtual high five to.
- #Jobs: Post a job open at your business or organization. (If you do not use #Ask #Give or #Praise in your post, it will be deleted without warning. We realize this may take a while to get used to.)
3. No Solicitation or Request to PM You: Don’t ask group members to PM you to find out more about ANYTHING.
4. Follow the Golden Rule: This community will flourish if everyone is kind, helpful and has fun! (Okay, we slightly adapted the Golden Rule.)
5. You Must Be a Kilgore Area Chamber of Commerce Member: If you are not a member in good standing, you will be removed from the group. (Although we’ll welcome you back with open arms if you rejoin!)
Now that you’ve read the rules, I hope you’re excited to join the Kilgore Chamber of Commerce Members Group!