The Kilgore Area Chamber of Commerce has created a private members-only Facebook Group so local businesses and organizations can interact with each other.
Here are the rules we created in order to make this a space of value for everyone involved. Please read them carefully, because if you break any of them, you will be removed.
1. No Self-Promotion: Do not post any type of self-promotion unless it is regarding a special for Members Only and is regarding the Member Business. What’s considered self-promotion?
- Selling anything from a non-member
- Promoting an event, seminar, survey, etc. from a non-member
- Posting links to your website or social media pages
- Sharing affiliate links
- Posting your own personal content in the group
- Posting free content or offers
- Creating extremely long posts that require community members to scroll and scroll (and scroll)
2. #Ask #Give #Praise #Jobs: The only way to post inside this group is to keep your posts within the following categories: Ask, Give, Praise. Please remember to tell group members what business or organization you are representing.
- #Ask: Ask any questions that you have about places to eat, marketing, etc.
- #Give: Share any tips, resources, and sources of inspiration that have helped you along the way. (This does not include links to your free offers.)
- #Praise: Anything you are celebrating, or a fellow member you want the community to give a virtual high five to.
- #Jobs: Post a job open at your business or organization. (If you do not use #Ask #Give or #Praise in your post, it will be deleted without warning. We realize this may take a while to get used to.)
3. No Solicitation or Request to PM You: Don’t ask group members to PM you to find out more about ANYTHING.
4. Follow the Golden Rule: This community will flourish if everyone is kind, helpful and has fun! (Okay, we slightly adapted the Golden Rule.)
5. You Must Be a Kilgore Area Chamber of Commerce Member: If you are not a member in good standing, you will be removed from the group. (Although we’ll welcome you back with open arms if you rejoin!)
Now that you’ve read the rules, I hope you’re excited to join the Kilgore Chamber of Commerce Members Group!