The Kilgore Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau serves as the Voice of Business for businesses located in Kilgore, Texas and surrounding communities. The Chamber represents our business members’ voice by addressing and adoption of support or opposition on key legislative priorities that is believed to affect economic growth in the Kilgore area.
The Kilgore Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau is committed to supporting and assisting in building a strong economic partnership with the business community and business leaders through the continuance of positive and enhanced quality of life, business growth through the attraction of new business and residents, and enhancement of workforce development and training. The Kilgore Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau’s Legislative Agenda reflects our business partners and members priorities for the future.
- Support access to career and technical dual credit opportunities that produce marketable credentials that lead to a family supporting wage
- Oppose any legislation that negatively impacts the funding mechanisms for our public education systems
RESPECT KILGORE’S LOCAL IDENTITY
- Support legislation that recognizes the uniqueness of Texas and its individual communities
- Oppose attempts to standardize and over simplify statewide regulations weakening Kilgore business community
ECONOMIC & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
- Oppose legislation that erodes access to existing economic development tools
- Support legislation that enhances the East Texas workforce through coordinated efforts amongst local school districts, Kilgore College, and industry (i.e. P-TECH)
- Support legislation that improves access to quality water, broadband, electric and gas services
- Support legislation that protects the rights of East Texas to maintain control of historical water rights